Skip to Homepage Skip to Content

Belfairs Golf Club

Eastwood Road North, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, SS9 4LR
Belfairs Golf Club was originally a 9 hole course called Leigh Park Golf Club. In 1919 it was purchased by Southend Borough Council who contracted the renowned course architect Harry Colt (designer of Royal Troon, Wentworth, Woodhall Spa and Chelmsford) to redesign it.

On Saturday 11th September 1926, Mayor Alderman Dowsett officially opened the Belfairs Park Golf Course, making it the first municipal course in Essex. Belfairs Golf Club was formed in July 1926 with 46 members consisting of former members of Leigh Park Golf Club and other members of the public. The first captain was Mr Reginald Southgate Brown.

Belfairs Golf Club is set across a part-wooded parkland and kept in a wonderful condition for excellent year round play. In addition, following a game members can enjoy a refreshing drink in the friendly clubhouse.

Back to top